Recoop Disaster Insurance
Last Modified: September, 26 2022
The Services are intended only for residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia).
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: This policy provides additional information and privacy rights and options for California residents. These rights will be indicated by reference to California residents where applicable.
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS: Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A, as amended, may submit a request to this designated address: [877-2-RECOOP,[email protected], https://www.recoopinsurance.com]. However, please know we do not sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Children Under Age 13
Through our Website and Services, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. We request that such individuals do not provide personal information through the services. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
Information we collect from you
What information we collect
When you visit our Website or engage in our Services, we may collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms or creating an account on our Website or through our Services. This may include information provided at the time of registering to use our Services or requesting further information or services, such as: First Name, Last Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number, and IP address. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Other information such as physical location and preferences.
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information about your browser, network, and device and its operating system, settings, and software.
- The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting a Recoop Service.
- Payment information if you choose to make a purchase using our Services.
- Details of all actions that you carry out through the Recoop Services and of the provision of services to you.
- Details of your visits to the Recoop Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
Sources of information
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- Through your use of our Services.
- Automatically as you navigate and interact with our Services.
- In any electronic messages you send using our Services.
- When you contact us with a message.
- Offline or through any other means, including on any other website or services operated by Recoop or any of our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- When you otherwise volunteer information to us or respond to a request for information through any of our Services.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Services.
How we use your information
We may use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing our Services, including:
- To supply the Services to you.
- To better understand your needs.
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device and to understand and analyze your usage trends and preferences, to improve our services, and to develop new products, services, and features.
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of our Services, to provide our Services and information that you request, to respond to your questions, and to provide support to users of our Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services and provide you with information that is relevant to your use of our Services.
- To recognize you as the same user as you access our Services and content using different computers, devices and browsers, and to deliver our Services and content to you on different computers, devices and browsers.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find helpful or interesting, and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving promotional communications by contacting us.
- To generate aggregate or other information that does not directly identify you as an individual or the devices you use to access our Services and use and share that information for Recoop’s purposes.
We may also use the information collected from you in other ways, and for other purposes, that are described to you at the point of collection or for which we otherwise have obtained your consent.
We may occasionally contact you through email, phone, and/or notices posted on our Website or through our Services. We may send you messages about the availability of our services, security, or other service-related issues. We may also send messages about how to use the services, network updates, and promotional messages. You may contact us at any time using our Contact Information below to change your communication preferences. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving certain service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
Sharing your information
We do not share your personal information with advertisers, other companies, or individuals outside of Recoop, except in the following cases:
With your permission
We may disclose, lease, sell, share, or distribute your personal information to third parties when we have your permission to do so.
We may need to share your information when we believe it’s required by law or to help protect the rights and safety of you, us, or others. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of Recoop, our users, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
For external processing
Merger, acquisition, or sale of assets
We reserve the right to share with any third party, in accordance with applicable law, aggregated or other information that does not directly identify you as an individual.
How we store your information
We employ reasonable security measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, for the duration of your use of our Services. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Users Outside the U.S. Prohibited
Our Services are controlled and operated within the United States, and they are intended for access by residents of the Unites States only.
Keeping your information up to date
If your personal information details change, you may contact us to request an update or correction using our Contact Information below. We will endeavor to update your personal data information within thirty (30) days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, in order to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Where we store your information
The information that we collect from you and process as a result of your use of the services may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside or outside the United States. It may also be processed by our employees operating inside or outside the United States who work for us. Such employees may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data and accessing this Website, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How long we keep your information
We retain your information for so long as it needs to be kept for legitimate business or legal purposes. We may retain some data for longer periods of time when necessary. We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when data is deleted and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
Accessing, correcting & deleting your information
You can contact us any time at [[email protected]] to:
- Request access to information that we have about you
- Correct any information we have about you
- Delete any information we have about you
- Export a copy of any information we have about you if you wish to transfer it to a service outside of Recoop.
There are other ways to control the information we collect, including:
Browser settings: For example, you can configure your browser to indicate when we have set a cookie in your browser. You can also configure your browser to block all cookies from a specific domain or all domains. But remember that our services may rely on cookies to function properly, for things like remembering your user preferences.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal data. For example, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint or to receive further information.
You may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)/California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), as amended, such as the right to know and access what personal data is collected about you, the right to request that certain information be corrected or deleted, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (note, we do not sell your personal information), and the right not to be discriminated against.
Further, California law permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using our Contact Information below.
Third Party Websites
Compliance and cooperation with regulators
We regularly review this Policy and make sure that we process your information in ways that comply with it. We hope that we can resolve any question or concern you raise about our use of your information.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. When necessary, we work with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that we cannot resolve with you directly.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, customer support and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. Some of the common uses for our cookies are as follows:
- To recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- To identify and authenticate a user across different pages of our Services, within our own Services, in a session or across different sessions. This is so that the user does not need to provide a password on every page the user visits; and
- To be able to retrieve a user’s previously stored data, for example, information that the user previously submitted to our Services, so as to facilitate reuse of this information by the user.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do so by accessing the settings of your internet browser. You can visit www.internetcookies.com, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers and devices.
Recoop Disaster Insurance